Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 5, 2009. 5:14 a.m.

I woke up again in the wee early morning hours again and decided to do a little blogging. Clifford is still asleep in the bed next to me and I am sitting here wondering if/and/or when I will be falling back to sleep. The air smells faintly like skunk which is kind of gross but all in all, the cool crisp air feels good. July 4th was quite enjoyable even if I did have to work and Cliff and I went to see the fireworks with only each other for the first time. However, it was our first Fourth of July as a married couple so that was reason to celebrate. We played Go Fish until about 9:45 and then sat back and watched the fireworks. As I was sitting there snapping away pictures on the camera, I started humming a song. "Blessed Be the Name of the Lord." Now looking back on it, I know exactly why I was. His name should be blessed even when we go through trials & tribulations because in the end we will find rest in His name. So even when the land is plentiful or when I walk through the desert place, blessed be the name of the Lord. I am so blessed by God with a roof over my head, a car to get me to work & school, and of course- my wonderful husband. Clifford has stood by me through it all and I couldn't ask for anyone better to spend the rest of my life with. (Not that I would want to of course). My family is amazing. They have supported me through all of my decisions. Thank goodness for that otherwise I don't even know where I would be today. I don't want to know. Although, I suppose I should try & get some more sleep. I have a feeling I might be able to curl up with the hubby and do so now. But that you again, Lord, for everything that you have given me; even when I deserve it the least. Please count your blessings. For the fact that God has given you life in the first place is a blessing in of itself. God bless!


Blessed Be Your Name
Blessed Be Your Name 
In the land that is plentiful  
Where Your streams of abundance flow 
Blessed be Your name  
Blessed Be Your name 
When I'm found in the desert place 
Though I walk through the wilderness 
Blessed Be Your name  
Every blessing You pour out  
I'll turn back to praise 
When the darkness closes in, Lord 
Still I will say  
Blessed be the name of the Lord 
Blessed be Your name 
Blessed be the name of the Lord 
Blessed be Your glorious name  
Blessed be Your name 
When the sun's shining down on me 
When the world's 'all as it should be' 
Blessed be Your name  
Blessed be Your name 
On the road marked with suffering  
Though there's pain in the offering  
Blessed be Your name  
Every blessing You pour out  
I'll turn back to praise 
When the darkness closes in, Lord 
Still I will say  
Blessed be the name of the Lord 
Blessed be Your name 
Blessed be the name of the Lord 
Blessed be Your glorious name  
Blessed be the name of the Lord 
Blessed be Your name 
Blessed be the name of the Lord 
Blessed be Your glorious name  
You give and take away 
You give and take away 
My heart will choose to say 
Lord, blessed be Your name

No comments: