School for me has become incredibly stressful. I'm not 100% why either. I love my classes and I try to work hard in all of them. However, I still somehow seem to become incredibly stressed out. I sit here trying to figure it out and I can't seem to think of anything. I have become very down on myself lately because I don't think I'm creative enough anymore. I see all these awesome designs other people come up with and then I look at mine and wonder what I was thinking. I love scrapbooking and am even making my niece and nephew their own Christmas presents. I love doing things like that but when it comes to applying my own creative touch to my designs I just can't seem to do it.
There was one design I came up with last semester that I looked at as a scrapbook page and it came out looking really good. However, it seems that this semester it just isn't hitting me like that. I look at things and wonder what would I like to see in my design? But we're taught that we have to look at it like how the consumer would want it and I am stumped. How am I supposed to know what people like? Everyone has different opinions on different things so how am I supposed to please them all? But I can't please them all. So then do I fail as a designer?
Of course not! Everyone can't be happy because everyone will always find a problem with something. Someone will be offended by something. So when I get out into industry, I will try my best to please the majority. As of right now though, I need to design stuff the way I like it, not what I think will make everyone else happy.
I still thank God that I even have the opportunity to go to school and get an education. Thank you, God.
Remember to be thankful. God Bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment