Sunday, November 29, 2009

Retail has ruined Christmas time for me. I become so stressed out at work that I come home and take it out on my husband and cat. I get so upset that people are so selfish. I know that the economy is bad and that everyone is pinching pennies. However, people still aren't satisfied when they are saving more than they're spending. They expect everything to be free and will kick and scream and throw a tantrum in the store just to make it so. They don't realize that when they purchase our products they are helping us get money so I can still have a paycheck in the morning. Gosh. People are so selfish. Now I'm freaking out on my husband over the simplest of things like decorating the Christmas tree. Something that I enjoy so much and I love spending that time with him. However, I sit here and I think about the entire day's events and can't help but wonder where my blood pressure is at. I need to just take the time to sit back and relax but it seems like that won't happen until the last day of finals. Sadly, that is two days before Christmas itself. Maybe some day I will be able to work and come home and enjoy the time with my family like I used to. I have no idea when though. I am incredibly exhausted as it is without all these added annoyances. I guess I will sit back and assess my temper and hopefully be able to come out a better person because of it. But please, anyone who's shopping this holiday season please be nice to the people behind the counter. They're trying their hardest to make things go by quickly for you while saving money in a way that's still legal. The employees may be having a hard time or just dealt with a customer who threw a tantrum in the store. Please forgive them and be patient. If you do that I can guarantee that this Christmas season will go by much more smooth. Thank you.

God bless.

No comments: