Friday, November 27, 2009

Officially the Holiday Season

Now that it's after Thanksgiving I can't help but think of what's ahead. There's only a few weeks left in this semester. I know I need to buckle down and get as much work done as possible. It's just hard since it's right before Christmas. All I can think about is buying the perfect Christmas gifts and spending time with family. Sometimes I need to slow down and just remember what this whole season is about.

God gave His son to us so we may be saved from the worst torture imaginable. I am so happy that He did that for me. It's just so hard to remember that when all of these other stresses consume our lives. I love my husband and am so blessed to have him in my life. It's just hard to enjoy time together when bills and expenses are always coming up. We always wonder what we're going to do to try and save money when we are living from paycheck to paycheck. All these random, unplanned expenses come up. Mostly car problems. So it seems like as soon as some money comes in it's right out the window again. It's always for necessities, but it's still hard nonetheless.

Which brings me back around to school. I know that when I graduate and get into a career of my own I will become the main source of income. All I need to do now is get through school. Which makes me work harder. Not because I want the money, directly. I want it so that Cliff and I won't be struggling every few months every time something goes wrong. So even when something does go wrong and we need to fix a part of the car, we don't have to think twice about it. So when someone says I'm an overachiever or compliments me on working hard, I'll let them know that I am like that because I have to be for my husband and I.

Thank you, God for your Son. Please keep reminding me that You're the reason for the season. But please forgive me if I become consumed in my school work. I want to make a better life for my husband and I as well as our future family. Thank you for everything, Lord.

Please think about these things as well as your own distractions. Why do they distract you? Keep focused on Christ and His love for us. He is the reason for the season. God bless.

No comments: