Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Chili Kind of Day.

Today was, as you could guess, very busy! Cliff and I woke up this morning and slowly got dressed and went to church. While there, Cliff decided he was going to enter into the Chili Cook Off competition. I was already helping out with the bake sale that night so I figured, why not? Cliff and I sat through the service, (a very good one again today). Afterwards Cliff and I were talking to another contestant of the chili cook off and he was telling us that he had been preparing his chili for FIVE DAYS! Cliff and I were amazed by that! Then we got back in the car and went to Coborn's to pick up stuff for Cliff's chili. He and I then went home and he got to work while I playing Animal Crossing. (It's a new obsession of mine, rather sad really!) Cliff cut up some peppers and mixed in some beans and the chili was really starting to smell good. He would have me taste test it every now and then. It wasn't until the third time that it was finally too hot for me! Cliff said it was ready and we finally headed out around 4:54. We get there and we are instantly busy. I get to setting up the table and the baked goods while Cliff finishes getting registered and gets his stuff ready. We are both completely separate for the rest of the evening until I finally get to go and eat some chili. I only ate one kind, but it was very good.  Hooray for Cliff, he won second place in the "Hoo Doggie" section. The chili that one was just plain hot, not really much flavor or taste to it. Cliff's chili was good for the first few chews and then it would hit you! People loved his chili because of it. I was very proud of him. I told him that this was completely cliche, but he won the cook off to me because his had flavor and was hot. The bake sale went very well too. We raised a lot of money for the Youth Group so they can go to CIY this July. I was very happy with the way things went tonight.

However, now the day is done and I am absolutely EXHAUSTED! The time on this blog is off and right now it's 11:03 p.m. So I bid all of you a good night! Keep your chili hot, but flavorful! God bless!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Hey there! You can adjust the time settings. You would be -6. I'm -5, so I know you'll be -6. I haven't used Blogger in so long, I'm not sure what steps you need to take to adjust it, but it might be worth it to do just that.

Glad you and Cliff had fun at the church event. Sounds like the church keeps you busy!